 Events / BrickFest / 3527
3526  |  3528
Subject:
BrickFest 2006 Venue visit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:02:46 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I had a chance to visit the Sheraton Premiere in Tysons Corner yesterday while returning from a trip to the east coast and can offer this report. The hotel is about 9 miles from the Herndon-Monroe park and ride facility which in turn is only a few miles from Dulles (IAD). The hotel is on a small hilltop and curioulsy withing walking distance of both a Hummer dealer and and Prius dealer. The building has impressive architecture that’s largely hidden from humans on the ground level (I guess building designs are sold with models that humans view as though they were birds). The coolest feature is an indoor pool and spa with a huge atrium that separates it from the outdoor pool. The weirdest thing is that the spa is only open 7:00 to 11:00 (thats’ right, the jacuzzi is closed afternoon, evening, and night!). There’s wireless Internet access on the first 9 floors. It’s direct connect above the ninth floor. There’s a daily charge. There’s no charge to park. There are numerous spots to meet, chat, hang out, drink, eat, and make friends. It should be a terrific venue to have a 24 hour-a-day event that you never have to leave. My opinion: Should make for the best BrickFest ever.

-Ted