 Events / BrickFest / 3437 (-20)
  Hotel information update and apology

Hi all, right before I took off out of country, there was a note from Frank Filz about shuttles and room availability. I passed the question to a fellow staffer with the intent of having a timely response. I goofed because i forgot the person I (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jun-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest hotel airport shuttle

(...) Joe is out of town, so I'm posting on his behalf. Some of the nights are sold out (Thursday night in particular), so if you try to book a room that includes one of those nights, it'll show up as unavailable. Joe submitted a request for more (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest hotel airport shuttle

(...) Yes - the Sheraton has a courtesy shuttle from Dulles Bryan (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest hotel airport shuttle

(...) Hmm, and one more question - it looks like they're already out of rooms. Is that really true? Frank (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest hotel airport shuttle

Does the Sheraton offer a courtesy shuttle from Dulles? Frank (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest Bulletin: 200 and building! And calls for....

(URL) 200? Already? BrickFest has passed the 200 registered attendee mark a little faster than I thought. While this is a great thing, it does mean I have to reevaluate things to make sure that things run smoothly. So I will encourage those who have (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Mecha Contests at BrickFest 2006!

(...) Letting me know directly (here, email, IRC, in person, etc.) is about as formal as it gets. Stating it is an entry on the MOC card would work, too, although I'm more likely to miss that. I won't automatically disclude entries that just show up (...) (18 years ago, 23-May-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Mecha Contests at BrickFest 2006!

Is there any kind of formal entry to the contest or is simply bringing your MOC and filling out a card entering you in the contest? Mark (18 years ago, 23-May-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Mecha Contests at BrickFest 2006!

BrickFest is fast approaching, and it's time to get the ball rolling on our Mecha contests! Our first contest is the Fantasy Mecha Contest. Participants are asked to imagine what ancient, medieval, or fantasy cultures might design if they had the (...) (18 years ago, 21-May-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !!

  BrickFest Bulletin: Mindstorms/Technic Contests and Events, Space Contests, Castle Contest and..

(URL) Mindstorms/Technic Events BrickFest 2006 is fast approaching! This year, the Technic and Mindstorms Theme coordinators are pleased to announce 5 competitions. The competitions will be spread across the 3 days of BrickFest. The planned (...) (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !!

  Call for a Group Train/Town Layout at BrickFest™ 2006

(URL) Call for a Group Train/Town Layout at BrickFest™ 2006 It is time to start planning for one of the next great Train/Town display at BrickFest™. This will be a great way to show your 9v electric train pride and help save our way of model (...) (18 years ago, 16-Apr-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Rockland's replacement?

(...) Hi Thomas, First, a disclaimer: 1. I'm not a Tyson's Corner local. That said, there are some suggestions that have been brought up to me - at one site visit, the group did a search for bars and restaurants. There are a few, but they are pretty (...) (18 years ago, 13-Apr-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Rockland's replacement?

Since BF06 won't exactly be near Rockland's, are there any TC locals that can suggest a bar that would make a decent replacement? I registered the first day, but getting the time off, for once, is iffy. But if I make it, I'd like to know where to go (...) (18 years ago, 13-Apr-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  lugnet.castle

(URL) Cynthia Bradham and I are the Castle Room Coordinators for BrickFest 2006. We are planning sessions for each day. Please give us your feedback. Set up and staffing meeting: Castle fans meet to finalize the display and discuss staffing of the (...) (18 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Brickfest Bulletin 2

(URL) Badge, MOC Cards, and Brick Bazaar Forms are Now LIVE! I am happy to announce that registrants can now edit their badges on their BrickFest account. Unlike previous years, BrickFest 2006 has a new design: (URL) Attendees can edit their name, (...) (18 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org, lugnet.events, lugnet.build, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  Re: Brickfest Bulletin

(...) Capacity of room for night meeting. (...) For the expo there will be stantions, volunteers and security to protect MOCs. Thanks for the questions! Joe (...) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest Bulletin

(...) A couple of questions: What is the reason for the cap on registrations? What are the plans for managing the public during the expo? Will there be barriers and/or volunteers to protect MOCs? Thanks, Joe! Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Brickfest Bulletin

(URL) Keynote, Registration, Logo and Odds and Ends Keynote Speaker Confirmed I'm proud to announce that the keynote speaker this year is Tormud Askildsen of LEGO Community Development. He has been one of the many people in the LEGO Group (...) (19 years ago, 10-Mar-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.build, lugnet.events, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2006

(...) Yes! however, the hotel webpage for getting rooms isn't up yet - I am working on that. Joe Meno Event Coordinator, Brickfest 2006 (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing BrickFest 2006

(...) Is there a group rate at the hotel, the Sheraton Premiere? -dw (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact