 Events / BrickFest / 3424
3423  |  3425
Subject:
lugnet.castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 04:06:01 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Cynthia Bradham and I are the Castle Room Coordinators for BrickFest 2006. We are planning sessions for each day. Please give us your feedback.

Set up and staffing meeting: Castle fans meet to finalize the display and discuss staffing of the castle area for the Saturday and Sunday expos.

Catapult Contest: We would like to standardize projectiles for the contest. Basketballs and soccer balls would be small projectiles and Duplo balls http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/23065 would be the large projectiles. In addition to the traditional distance competition, we plan on having an accuracy competition. This would involve aiming projectiles through a board with circles cut out of it. There would be awards for most accurate catapults and longest shots.

Castle Set Trivia Contest: Compete in this trivia contest about LEGOLAND Castle to win various classic sets.

Show and Tell: This is the traditional session where people introduce their castle mocs to the group.

Castle Building Techniques: Several presenters discuss tips for creating various castle spaces and details.

Castle Community Roundtable: This is a fan discussion about adding more castle displays in lug events, increasing castle fan input to LEGO, and the current state of the online castle community.

Do these sessions interest you? Are you likely to participate in the castle contests? Would you like to help present a session? Is there another type of session we should be holding?

We also need to begin planning the physical display. The layout will be a rectangle made of tables with an open center for us to stand in and answer the public’s questions. Please contact me at bellermnn@NOSPAMyahoo.com if your castle moc is larger than two large grey base plates. These large mocs will be placed on the rectangle’s corners and centers with smaller mocs (including the CCC standard) in between.

Ben Ellermann and Cynthia Bradham BrickFest 2006 Castle Coordinators