 Events / BrickFest / 3238
3237  |  3239
Subject:
Deadline fast Approaching & What to bring with you
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:33:14 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

If you are already registered to attend BrickFest and you’d like to display a MOC, you need to fill out a MOC Display Card by August 1, 2005. This year is a bit different then in the past. The BrickFest team will be printing out the MOC cards so that the Theme coordinators can determine where the MOC’s are going before the MOC’s arrive. We want to be able to accommodate all the wonderful creations and we may need to get creative.

The main set up beings 9:00AM Friday Morning. If you have a really big LEGO Model (larger then 2 feet x 2 feet) or if you require a significant amount of time to set it up, you may consider arriving Thursday after 6:00pm.

BrickFest Packing List.

Bring your camera and plenty of memory and batteries there is so much to see, so many great creations.

Bring your club’s banner Train clubs participating in the group layout we will be hanging these on the walls behind the train layout.. so get them here early. General club banners will be put in the main meeting rooms or in places where there is space.

Pack your Sig Fig and a few extra brick to decorate your LEGO Brick Badge.

Bring your old LEGO Badge This only applies to those people who selected to bring their badge from past BrickFest events.

Dirty Brickster is scheduled for Friday night http://news.lugnet.com/events/brickfest/?n=3190 so bring a $10.00 wrapped LEGO Related item to BrickFest for this fun little event.

Friday: Wear your club shirts or a shirt that represents the part of the country you are from. This is an informal ice breaker. There will be 3 regional meetings that start at 11:00am They are unstructured meet people and see who else lives in your part of the country/world. The goal is simply to put people from similar regions / states in the same room, your not alone, we are everywhere. This is a great opportunity to meet first time BrickFest attendees. And we have a lot of them. After the group meeting is the lunch break. The closest place is the Chicken place, El Polo Ricko, there is also Joe’s pizza and subs as well as numerous other places. Just ask at the info desk.

The BrickFest Schedule has been posited.

Shopping : The Brick Bazaar will open as soon as the vendors get set up and each vendor will set their own hours. If you missed the Pick A Brick Case Purchase deal or you just could not imagine using that much of anyone element (yeah right), The local LEGO Brand Retail Stores, Located out in Tysons Corner and Potomac Mills, have some specials lined up Only for Registered BrickFest attendees.

We will have a ride board in the lobby on the First Floor for people to use to make arrangements to Shuttle/Drive with others to the store. This ride sharing is not arranged by BrickFest. It is completely voluntary.

BrickFest Building Address

3401 North Fairfax Drive Arlington, Virginia 22201

If you have not already done so check out the Travel section of the web site and see if anyone else needs help finding a roommate or a ride. http://www.brickfest.com/roomie.php

BrickFest is less then two weeks away!

Christina