 Events / BrickFest / 3218
3217  |  3219
Subject:
Now accepting custom track preorders for BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 03:25:49 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hey all!, As some of you have noticed in the past 2 years or so, there has been a major advancement in LEGO track geometry created by the community. We have seen the development of the half section of track, crossover the correct radius switch, and most recently the stubby switch. Having watched this occur I set out to make the designs better by eliminating the use of solder as well as come up with a few things of my own. Now less than a month away from BrickFest, I have perfected my designs and techniques and I’m ready to start selling them.

To keep prices reasonable I have priced all mods for labor only. The buyer must provide an unmodified part in exchange or the actual cost of the part.

Below you will find pictorial list of the modifications I’m currently making, as well pictures of some of the things you can make with the custom parts. Follow the letters to see what’s needed to make each switch application.

<additional photos http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=132565after moderation

All modifications are done with NO solder and all rails overlap the plastic joint (1)

Complete set $ 130.00

This will allow you to make all the applications pictured above. Set includes: 4 A, 4B, 1D

If you’re interested in purchasing custom track at BrickFest, please let me know as soon as possible so I can make them ahead of time. If you order at BrickFest I cannot guarantee that I will have time to make them at the event.

Thank you, OnDrew Hartigan Roj2323@yahoo DOTcom

P.S. feel free to check out my track modification class on Saturday during BrickFest. This will give you hands on time with all of the mods pictured above as well as give you an idea of how I do it.

(1)- this does not apply for track shorter than 5 studs. A brass rod is placed under the rail instead.