 Events / BrickFest / 3067 (-20)
  BrickFest Hotel info

I’m please to announce that arrangements have been finalized with the Hilton Arlington & Towers. 950 N. Stafford Street, Arlington VA 22203 located just 0.6 Miles from GMU. Hilton Arlington & Towers has a block of guestrooms reserved for BrickFest (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Call for Group Train/Town Layout at BrickFest™ 2005

Call for Group Train/Town Layout at BrickFest™ 2005 Once again we would like to extend an invitation to all individuals, LEGO® train clubs or clubs that organize other displays with trains in them to set up a display at BrickFest™ 2005. For those of (...) (19 years ago, 9-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  BrickFest 2005 - Micro and Vig Contests

Hello all... Last year I had the pleasure of being the Micro Display Coordinator for BrickFest and this year I will be continuing that role. We have BIG plans for Micro this year! From a few sneak preview pics I have had the pleasure of viewing, I (...) (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build.vignette, FTX) !!

  Re: FAQ Help

(...) Thanks for clearing that up. (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: FAQ Help

(...) Hello Peter, Both you and an adult would need to register for the event. The adults account would need to be set up first and then he or she would register you under the account. Christina (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  FAQ Help

I’m a tad confused by the brickfest faq. I am under 18 (but still out of the recommended age and outside what I assume would be the socially exactable range among peers in my age group) and wish to attend Brickfest on days other than the public (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest™ Registration now online

BrickFest™ Registration is now available via the website. BrickFest 2005 August 12-14th Washington, DC (URL) first step is to set up your Account. Or you may have one already from last year. The account allows access to resources as well as your (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Re: BrickFest 2005 Event Kit

(...) DUDE! That would be an awesome model for USD 10.00! Do you have the parts sources to supply 200 copies at that price point? If you do, you've got my vote! (not that we're voting)... If not... er... well... nice try. (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2005 Event Kit

(...) Here's my submission: (URL) (grins, ducks, and runs!) Jeff (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  BrickFest 2005 Event Kit

Hi all, The BrickFest Team, would like to invite all members of the AFOL community to submit model designs for consideration to be produced as the BrickFest 2005 event Kit! The BrickFest Event Kit is a small LEGO kit to commemorate BrickFest 2005. (...) (19 years ago, 1-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Maybe that train needs a BNSF logo (as in Bionicle Northern-Santa Fe)? EG...I couldn't resist the jab... Scott (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) If you're going ahead with this, leave it open to anybody who wants to display a MOC in the "dark room". Lit up space, town, sculpture, train, whatever. It's all good. Adrian (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

Ok, There seems to be enough interest in this to run with it. Now the question seems to be do we present this as a moonbase or do we present it as just a collection of mocs? I was kinda leaning towards moonbase but if thier is a lot of people who (...) (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

My one warning would be to check with the event insurance company. They wll likely say something alon gthe lines of guide lights (i.e. light ropes and emergency exit lighting) would be a minimum to prevent a noticeable incerease in the cost of said (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) For folks (like me) who have had crowns, caps or other dental work, just remember this.... if you smile in a dark room with UV lights, your smile is going to make you look like a smiling Halloween Jack-O-Lantern! Gary Istok (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Yep - wear your NWBrickCon '04 t-shirt... Frank (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) SPACE!! Oh wait, I'm a .trains guy. Anyhow, I think this sounds like a really fun idea. The 'ice-planet orange' and 'trans neon green' pieces would really light up under black light. I'd suggest the various SPACE folks wear tshirts that would (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Na, we're done. I realised that, when it comes to trains, I'm picking on a crip, all that Bionicle stuff has stunted your abilities... I'll admit it is likely to glow in the dark nicely though. (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Are you kidding? This thing was built specifically to tweak the trainheads. I'd be disappointed if Lar resisted the temptation for some light smack. Bring it on, brutha! (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Hrmmm, the trans orange color seems to do *almost* as good, but I agree that the antifreeze green is quite brilliant. Real blacklights would help the effect. Those little UV LEDs are cool, but lack the umph required for groovy effects... Rob (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact