 Events / BrickFest / 3051
Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 19:43:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Steve DeCraemer wrote:
I just had Dinner with Christina and a bunch of fellow wamalug'er and I brought
up the idea of doing a seperate moonbase room lite completely in blacklight, for
brickfest.  I'm thinking it would give all the space fanatics a chance to have
fun with all those trans neon pieces.  It would also be dark enough that if
people wanted to throw additional lego lights on thier creation the lights would
actually show up really we.  Come on space fans, back me on this one, It could
be real cool.

Steve DeCraemer

Yeah....I know...I usually don't do space.

SPACE!!

Oh wait, I'm a .trains guy.

Anyhow, I think this sounds like a really fun idea.  The 'ice-planet orange' and
'trans neon green' pieces would really light up under black light.

I'd suggest the various SPACE folks wear tshirts that would glow, too.

One small nit - isn't "black light" just UV?  Isn't UV light really hard on Lego
bricks?  Specifically, the white pieces that turn tan after too much exposure...
But, maybe for just a few days it wouldn't be that big of an issue.

I hope I can make it out there!

JohnG, GMLTC