 Events / BrickFest / 3054
Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:53:41 GMT

My one warning would be to check with the event insurance company. They
wll likely say something alon gthe lines of guide lights (i.e. light
ropes and emergency exit  lighting) would be a minimum to prevent a
noticeable incerease in the cost of said insurance. Ok, so I'm assuming
that the venue is requiring insurance..

My next thought is that a low light setting (1 emergency light always
on), combined with rope lights cordoning off the display, OR a lights
on/lights off deal where people gather in the room lights on then the
lights are turned off for 5 minutes and turned back on for the next
cycling of people would be a good idea which would not likely upset
venue or insurance types.

Christina Hitchcock wrote:

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:

In lugnet.general, Steve DeCraemer wrote:

I just had Dinner with Christina and a bunch of fellow wamalug'er and I
brought up the idea of doing a seperate moonbase room lite completely in
blacklight, for brickfest.  I'm thinking it would give all the space
fanatics a chance to have fun with all those trans neon pieces.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Binkmeister/MataNuiExpress/metruliner_blacklight.jpg
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Binkmeister/MataNuiExpress/thumb/metruliner_blacklight.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

[Trans] neon pieces in black light? I thought you said {trains} neon pieces!

Dude, that is so NOT a train. Train wheels or not.

I can appreciate that it does not fit the commonly accepted standard of what a
"Model Train" looks like.  However, to say that it is "Not a train" is of
course,  just a fun taunt!

Christina