 Events / BrickFest / 3057 (-10)
  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Maybe that train needs a BNSF logo (as in Bionicle Northern-Santa Fe)? EG...I couldn't resist the jab... Scott (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) If you're going ahead with this, leave it open to anybody who wants to display a MOC in the "dark room". Lit up space, town, sculpture, train, whatever. It's all good. Adrian (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

Ok, There seems to be enough interest in this to run with it. Now the question seems to be do we present this as a moonbase or do we present it as just a collection of mocs? I was kinda leaning towards moonbase but if thier is a lot of people who (...) (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

My one warning would be to check with the event insurance company. They wll likely say something alon gthe lines of guide lights (i.e. light ropes and emergency exit lighting) would be a minimum to prevent a noticeable incerease in the cost of said (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) For folks (like me) who have had crowns, caps or other dental work, just remember this.... if you smile in a dark room with UV lights, your smile is going to make you look like a smiling Halloween Jack-O-Lantern! Gary Istok (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Yep - wear your NWBrickCon '04 t-shirt... Frank (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) SPACE!! Oh wait, I'm a .trains guy. Anyhow, I think this sounds like a really fun idea. The 'ice-planet orange' and 'trans neon green' pieces would really light up under black light. I'd suggest the various SPACE folks wear tshirts that would (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Na, we're done. I realised that, when it comes to trains, I'm picking on a crip, all that Bionicle stuff has stunted your abilities... I'll admit it is likely to glow in the dark nicely though. (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Are you kidding? This thing was built specifically to tweak the trainheads. I'd be disappointed if Lar resisted the temptation for some light smack. Bring it on, brutha! (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: An Idea for Brickfest? Feedback appreciated

(...) Hrmmm, the trans orange color seems to do *almost* as good, but I agree that the antifreeze green is quite brilliant. Real blacklights would help the effect. Those little UV LEDs are cool, but lack the umph required for groovy effects... Rob (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact