 Events / BrickFest / 2998
Re: BrickFest 2004 Commemorative DVD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 00:27:45 GMT

Abe Friedman wrote:

Now I agree that the volunteers putting this together are doing a great
service but the "cost" of the DVD is, what, 50 cents for the blank DVD, 50
cents for the
cover, and 50 cents for the cover.  That's $1.50.  You can ship anywhere
in the
US using priority mail for $3.50.  That's a total of $5.  These prices
are,
actually rather high but I'm trying to be as generous as possible.  For
example, I just saw DVD cases for 22 cents and 8X DVDs for 38 cents.

Perhaps before we start jumping to the conclusion that we need to raise
the prices, maybe we need to have a realistic budget for the project.

There's no "project" , there's no "budget", it's one guy trying to do
something cool for the community. But since you want to nail it down to the
penny, you left out some vital things :
- time it takes to compile such a DVD
- time + efforts it takes to test the disk in several units to make sure
it's OK
- time it takes to burn a DVD
- investment in DVD burner (it wears down)
- Paypal fees
- trip(s) to stores and postoffice

Are you still saying he's overcharging? I guess you never tackled anything
like this, the amount of work is HUGE, and the rewards usually 0.00000
financially (if that...)
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
Brick Piles          | Santa Fe B-unit