 Events / BrickFest / 2975
Re: HELP! Need Shipping Address
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.us.co
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:02:12 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Duane Hess wrote:
(snip)

Well! I thought I would extend a huge thank you to Christina, Larry, Soren and
Kevin for all of the help in tracking down my sculpture and provide an update
for them.

After the sculpture was left behind, I thought I would be able to simply
overnight it to Brickfest and everything would be fine. Here's a little tale for
those who have time....

I packed the sculpture (very carefully) Thursday and overnighted it to Christina
from my company's mail room. The next morning, I checked the tracking number
provided by the shipping company and confirmed that it was delivered on time.
Woohoo! A phone call to Christina started the treasure hunt of the century. She
was unable to locate the package. Larry and I traded a couple of phone calls as
they tried to track it down. By the end of the day - no luck.

Saturday, Larry and I traded a couple more phone calls and enlisted the help of
Soren and Kevin (the intended eventual recipients) with no better luck. Sunday
brought no better news.

Monday I contacted the shipping company. It turns out that they did indeed
deliver it - just to the wrong room. Since it was mis-delivered I requested that
they recover the package and return it to me.

Sometime between Monday and Thursday the package did end up getting to
Christina. The shipping company scheduled the pick-up and that was the end of
the communication on their part.

This morning I happened to be standing at a co-workers cube when her phone rang.
Our mail room called to let her know that there was a package for her. The
shipping company returned the box to my work address, but neglected to change
the recipient's name. (My co-worker's name is Christine) Thankfully, she knew I
was looking for a package and went to picked it up.

I now have the sculpture back, or rather - the parts. It needs massive
reconstruction, but that's no big deal since it's well documented. I just wanted
to thank Larry, Christina, Soren and Kevin for stressing over the whereabouts of
my sculpture as well as puting on such a wonderful weekend.

-Duane