 Events / BrickFest / 2930
Re: Brick Fest 04 Pics Galore!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:42:21 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Joe Strout wrote:
Thanks for the pics!  Here follow my newbie questions on your content...

1. About the castle setup, you wrote: "the ccc system works pretty well for a
large display...certainly better than the moonbase system that looked like a
jumbled mess."  What's CCC, and why was the moonbase system a mess (it sounded
pretty clever when I read about it)?

go to Classic-Castle.com and click on "City" - the 3CS system is the Classic
Castle City Standard, and it is how Castlers make large displays together.

It looked better than the Moonbase because of a somewhat unified theme and color
scheme (old grey!) - but that is partly the fault of the system the moonbase
uses.

2. There are other Brickfests?  When and where were these?

In February there was BrickFest PDX in Portland Oregon.  There are other fests,
such as the NorthWest BrickCon coming in October, and BricksWest used to happen
in the LA area (ive heard word of a possible revival), and a fest in Vancouver
BC.

3. About Jamquiltolac...Jamousilott....Jamochillowac...Jamostillbaton....
whatever, holy cows, that thing is huge.  I see wires.  Does that thing actually
move?!?

Yes, altho Eric never showed me, so therefore I do not believe him.  Eric claims
he can stand in from of Jama, and move his (Eric's) arm, and Jama will do the
same.  But this sort of technology simply doesnt exist yet, so I don't believe
him.

4. Are those construction machines in
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/KGoldman/BrickFest04/bf21.jpg> standard, or
MOCs?  My son would love them...

I believe they are MOCs - utilizing some technic pieces and some regular pieces.
They don't look incredibly hard, but you might want to post in the .town forum
asking for help in recreating them with your own pieces.

Thanks very much for the photolog; it was very interesting and informative!

Best,
- Joe

Thank you for asking!  I love hearing about new members getting down with the
brickfesting action! rock on!

-lenyu