 Events / BrickFest / 1931
Re: Huge Fabuland display at Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 04:40:27 GMT

Sheree,

The Fabuland display was the work of one gentleman.  As I had a laptop and a
printer on site, he asked me to make him a sign for it.

The sign read "Entire Tow For Sale" and had his phone number.
Unfortunately, neither Mark's pictures nor my own show this sign, and I did
not save the file.  Hopefully someone else got a picture of the town WITH
the sign, or someone else knows who the gentleman is.

Troy

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
A very reliable source mentioned in an email that there was a "huge • Fabuland
Display at Brickfest this year.  Wahoo!!!

This sent me on a search at Brickshelf to see if anyone had taken some • pictures
of it.

Thank you, Mark Sandlin for these pictures!

overall view

sign- "Welcome to  FABULAND  The  Place Where Giggles Count"

another overview, somewhat closer up

very cool cat, even though it's not  Fabuland or in any way Lego related
Is there a story or caption that you could add to this picture, Mark?

If any one remembers taking any more pictures of the Fabuland display, I • would
appreciate your pointing them out to me.

I would also be very interested in knowing who brought this wonderful • collection
of Fabuland to show at Brickfest.  Is this the collection of one • individual or a
cooperative effort of several individuals?  Any info the creator(s?) of • the
display would like to share about his/her Fabuland collection or interest • in
Fabuland I can guarantee at least an audience of one...

I do like the addition of Town Lego road baseplates and the creative use • of
other basic elements in the design of this village.  The display appears • to have
some "Mickey Mouse" set elements included too.  I can image little kids • [and
some "big" kids] having a blast both building on to the village and role • playing
with the characters in it.

sheree