 Events / BrickFest / 1922
1921  |  1923
Subject:
Huge Fabuland display at Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:39:31 GMT

A very reliable source mentioned in an email that there was a "huge Fabuland
Display at Brickfest this year.  Wahoo!!!

This sent me on a search at Brickshelf to see if anyone had taken some pictures
of it.

Thank you, Mark Sandlin for these pictures!

overall view

sign- "Welcome to  FABULAND  The  Place Where Giggles Count"

another overview, somewhat closer up

very cool cat, even though it's not  Fabuland or in any way Lego related
Is there a story or caption that you could add to this picture, Mark?

If any one remembers taking any more pictures of the Fabuland display, I would
appreciate your pointing them out to me.

I would also be very interested in knowing who brought this wonderful collection
of Fabuland to show at Brickfest.  Is this the collection of one individual or a
cooperative effort of several individuals?  Any info the creator(s?) of the
display would like to share about his/her Fabuland collection or interest in
Fabuland I can guarantee at least an audience of one...

I do like the addition of Town Lego road baseplates and the creative use of
other basic elements in the design of this village.  The display appears to have
some "Mickey Mouse" set elements included too.  I can image little kids [and
some "big" kids] having a blast both building on to the village and role playing
with the characters in it.

sheree