 Events / BrickFest / 1420
1419  |  1421
Subject:
Call for Train Related Clinics and Seminars at BrickFest™ 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 01:53:03 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Call for Train Related Clinics and Seminars at BrickFest™ 2003

Clinics are a great learning experience and can be a lot of fun as well.

We’d like to see the “hands on” aspect of things expand a bit at this years ‘fest... If you’ve had a hankering to lead or participate in a session (possible (illustrative) examples, SNOT class, DCC motor modification clinic, 12V motor maintenance, hands on operating time, discussion groups on effective club operations, inter club round table, switching problems, turnout modifications)

We have use of room 250 (across the back hall from 251, see last year’s floor plan ) for clinics and work sessions.

We are targeting 23 July to publicise our clinic track so please get your proposals in to us by 16 July. All proposals should be emailed to Larry Pieniazek.

Display/operation/demo area

When not in use for a formal clinic or seminar, room 250 will be a place to view contest models, as well as a place where we hope that people will exhibit unique and fun items. We hope to have a small section of track set up there to allow some informal operation.

We also plan to lock 250 overnight. While no guarantee of loss prevention, this added layer ought to help a fair bit.

(Note: This is one of a series of posts about the Train Activities at BrickFest™ 2003, brought to you by ILTCO, see this events.brickfest post for introductory remarks)

Larry Pieniazek
lpieniazek(AT)mercator(dot)com
BrickFest™ site | ILTCO™ site | MTW™ site