 Events / BrickFest / 1376
Re: Lug/LTC Challenges...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 21:18:40 GMT

In lugnet.events, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
So we know that 13 people can build a Star Destroyer in a few hours...

We have seen amazing creations come out of the minds of many...

How would people feel if we held a brick-olympics of sorts.

Where an individual, or a Lug/LTC would compete in a series of short
contest to see who is the best at building with the brick.

Best at building...  what?

I believe I could match anyone when it comes to building a LEGO robot to
compete, but my design skills may fall short when it comes to building a
realistic looking church, or a train that can pass for something you've actually
seen on a track somewhere.

I think the choices for a competition would be:
1) Build something that looks nice (judge by looks)
2) Build something faster than anyone else (everyone builds the same thing)
3) Build a "robot" to compete against other robots
4) All of the above.

So what did you have in mind?

Steve