 Events / 845
Re: Lug/LTC Challenges...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 17:01:35 GMT

In lugnet.events, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
I just want to encourage some fun competition between
indivudals/lugs/organizations, for example I may choose to challange you to a
competition to build the best line follower robot (since thats what your good at
:) ) or my Lug may challange your lug, or your team to build a sumo bot...

That could be fun.

Or, I could decide to try my hand at Mecha, and challange Eric Sophie to a duo..
Hi Eric :), Or better still I could challange you Steve to a Jack Stone
*shudder* contest.

Jack Stone contest...?  Do we see who can pull him apart fastest?!

I think that in order for this type of thing to work, we would have to plan the
'duos' ahead of time, so that that person can bring his brick, or arrange to
have some Lego avaiable for the challange. The lug/individual could chose wether
to accept the challange, or pass on it.

These contest can be held at any time as long as there is some space to hold the
duo

So, it kind of sounds like On-the-spot building contests.

Jeff VW
Feeling kind of like I should be at the OK Coral...

Ready,  Set,
Draw...  I mean Build.

Have you seen the robotic/technic events from BricksWest?  BrickHeap...
something.  The RC racer challenge.  The drag racing event.

Those could all be interesting.

Steve