 Events / BrickFest / 1128
1127  |  1129
Subject:
BrickFest 2002 Animation Festival and Animation Competition Awards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:29:29 GMT

I returned home late last night from BrickFest 2002 exhausted. It was a good
exhaustion though, the kind that you get after a really rewarding experience.

A big part of that rewarding experience was being able to show all of the
talent and effort of the many contributors to the BrickFest Movie Trailer
Competition and the Animation Festival. All the entries were superb and I am
grateful for all of the time, energy, and creativity that went into each one.

And now the big announcement...

In the Movie Trailer Competition we have the following Awards

     Audience Choice Award

          Award goes to - Jay Silver from Nova Scotia for "Rise of the Empire"

     Conference Organizers Award

          Award goes to - Nick Maniatis from Australia for "Jedi Chronicles:
The First Duel"

In the Animation Festival we have the following Awards

     Audience Choice Award

          Award goes to - Nate Burr (AKA: Bluntman) from Australia for "Clock
Tower Trilogy"

     Conference Organizers Award

          Award goes to - Greg Perry from Richmond, Virginia for "The Evolution
of Creation"

There was one overall award that included entries from both divisions, The Best
of Show Award, and the winner was determined from the most votes in a separate
balloting.

The Best of Show for the BrickFest 2002 Animation Festival goes to:

     Paul Hollingsworth and Sarah Stinchcombe from Toronto, Ontario for "Block
Wars".

Each winner will be receiving, in the mail if they don't already have it, an
plaque of inscribed bricks identifying the award. HPT Designs, the brick
inscribers, will be passing me the award in the mail and as soon as I have it I
will be mailing the plaque out to you with a brand new LEGO Set from the
Studios theme. The Best of Show will receive Set #1382. Audience Choice Award
receipients will receive Set #1381, and Conference Organizer Award recipients
will receive Set #1380.

Congradulations!

Stay tunned, in the next few hours, 30 or less, a complete list of entries and
their Internet viewing locations will be posted.

Todd