 Events / BrickFest / *868 (-10)
  Re: Space Outing at BFest

(...) In another post someone mentioned tax dollars paying for these museums. I would just like to point out that though the US government HELPS pay for these excellent museums, The Smithsonian Institution is not a government agency and is supported (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Info about Space Lunch (was: Re: Space Outing at BFest)

Ok, here's a proposal. _Space Lunch_ Day: Saturday of Brickfest Time: As soon as the Lego Direct presentation is done *crosses fingers for space Legend* Finish: Hopefully in the lunch hour given, although it'd probably be better to budget an hour (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 12v Trains at BrickFest! - 8 days and closing!

Re-posting for wider audience: FUT: lugnet.trains.org Frank 8 days to BrickFest! I don't think I'll get a track plan made up ahead of time, but I think it will be fun to develop a track plan when we get there (and expand if some of the track doesn't (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

Todd, As you can see from my Brickshelf directory from last years' Brickfest ( (URL) ) I took alot of pictures at the event. I tried to get every model, but I'm sure that I missed some. I also tried to take pictures of as many of the attendees and (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

Ah, yes...the giant glass ceiling...and the very odd pit-of-bathrooms over to one side. Never figured that one out... (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Hmm, this leads to an idea: MOC Studio. Set up a designated area where people with quality photographic equipment like you can take pictures of people's models. The model owner would have to cooperate by moving it to your location. Then you (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Traveling from airport to the fest

(...) Go to www.supershuttle.com. The will pick you up at the airport and deliver you to your hotel. They will give you a price when you make your reservation. It is usually cheaper than a taxi. >> Mark << (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Last year, there were plenty of times when the display rooms were quiet, and an involved photo-session would be unlikely to disturb anyone. If you want to get really detailed shots of someone's creation, it might be a good idea to make (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Ya, flashes aren't really needed much anymore with modern digital cameras... but using a flash can still make a difference -- especially with a CCD-based digital camera. CMOS imaging chips don't suffer from the same "snowy pixel" effects that (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

"Troy's Surplus Lego" <legosales@tcphoto.net> wrote in message news:Gz2pou.J2z@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) There are no admission fees at any of the Smithsonian Museums. In fact, a lot of things in DC are free. The National Zoo is also free. All (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact