 Events / BrickFest / *2373 (-20)
  ISD in 60 seconds: a time-lapse animation of the Imperial Star Destroyer build at BrickFest PDX 2004

Recap No doubt by now you've already heard about and/or seen photos of the world-record breaking (URL) Imperial Star Destroyer> build at BrickFest PDX last weekend... (9 URLs) ...but there's something that only BrickFest PDX attendees have seen so (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.animation, FTX) !

  Re: general session starting.

(...) Thanks for giving us the details of the comic. You did a great job of getting across our frustrations across to TLC employees. Based on your comments on FBTB, I was afraid you were going to make a less sympathetic portrayal of AFOLs and their (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: My BrickFest moments

(...) Yay! Awesome list, Ted!!! (...) Train SNOT James? (...) You're not the only one... *grin* (URL) These two photos are from NWBrickCon in October. Needless to say, there were a lot of water bong jokes going around all weekend. (URL) (...) Augh! (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  SchleimWars!

I think it would be fun to see teams of people battling it out at an in-person building event/tournament where the objects is to out-schleim the other teams and come up with really cool SNOT MOCs on the spot. There'd have to be some kind of judging (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

  Contact info for Gene Small?

Does anyone have contact info for Gene Small, he was the gentleman in the corner of the Bazaar room selling Pitsco/DACTA products. I need to reach him. Thanks! -Tim (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: general session starting.

(...) ... (...) ... (...) Greg, I'm looking forward to seeing the comic. I'm not into Castle or Space, nor am I bothered by the color change, but I still find your examples funny. I can't wait to see more, Steve (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: general session starting.

(...) Uh, I'll field this question! That's exactly what we're planning to do. I'm sure we'll have it ready for BrickFest. The comics were done orignally for a presentation to illustrate a cross-section of what LEGO fans do for the folks at LEGO in (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: general session starting.

(...) Hi, Jake, how about making the comic public so we all can see what kind of image of us you are spreading? This would be the easiest way to squelch rumours about "Lego making fun of us". Yours, Christian (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: General session Q&A

(...) Funny thing about Coke, Denmark, and LEGO. When they flew us over (business class) on KLM in 1992 from NY to Copenhagen, they served Coke and LEGO on board. But for the short hop from Copenhagen to Billund, the local airline served the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: "My First Fest," or "PDX Freakin' Rocked"

(...) The child in the red shirt points out, much to Jon's dismay and embarrassment, a pair of Fleeb-lice mating on Jon's scalp. --Todd (URL) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: What is this woman holding?

(...) stores. The only place I know that has them in the database is Bricklink: (URL) are just plain 2x4 (that pack) with rather powerful magnets stuck in the tubes on the underside of the brick. There are other sets like that, you can see them (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What is this woman holding?

(...) the tubes on the bottoms, so they can still connect to regular bricks. Most of the LEGO stores carry them for around $10 jt James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What is this woman holding?

"Justin Ritter" <justin@lekvar.com> wrote in message news:HtCn0z.1L73@lugnet.com... (...) holding up? (...) (URL) new refrigerator magnets :-) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  What is this woman holding?

Does any one know what the thing is the woman in the black shirt is holding up? It looks like some sort of rainbow pack of bricks. Maybe 2x4s? (URL) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: PDX Pictures

(...) Here's the short story on how things worked out: Bruce and I taped a black plastic bag over the window, since it was raining pretty hard. We went to a hardware store, bought clear plastic, taped it up and got on the road for the 880 mile trip (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: general session starting.

(...) To be 100% clear, the comic that Greg and I created was positive, humourous, and informative. We didn't make fun of the AFOLs at all. I'd be happy to email you a copy for your review if you like. Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: general session starting.

(...) And that's precisely why he should look here instead, for what EuroBricks is about: (URL) it as a kind of knowledge center platform where newer LUG's can profit and share the experience from the longer established LUG's, for instance in the (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general)

  A name for every fig! (was: SigFig Lineup...)

Here they are: (3 URLs) AndroDan>> Tony Hafner (URL) www.hafhead.com> (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest PDX 2004 photos

(...) If I did it as a custom I'd either have to source a LOT of purple from Billund or somewhere (it used up about 1/2 of the stash I got there after LEGOWORLD) or change colors. But I can't see doing it, I have too many other projects awaiting (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  "My First Fest," or "PDX Freakin' Rocked"

Hey all, Everybody and Derek's mom has been writing up one of these threads since PDX ended a couple days ago, and I felt my experience was significant enough to warrant another new topic. First off, my Brickshelf gallery of the weekend goings-on: (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact