 Events / BrickFest / *1558 (-20)
  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

(...) As most rtlToronto folk joke, I'll manage and organize anything (including a rowdy bunch like the ones we have here in Toronto). But I think the plan would be to examine the instructions for highly parallelizable tasks, identify critical path (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

(...) I've built it. I'm not sure I need the responsibility of being the group organizer, but I can certainly review the instructions to visualize the proper way to proceed. Adrian (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 1000steineland building record for Star Destroyer

Hi Jan-Albert, for sure - first our dutch friends will beat them ;-). OK, american LEGO fans, your welcome! Try harder! Just seeing the sweat pearls on their skin - he-he. Let the bricks roll, (not from the desk... oh sorry this is british, for the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

(...) Also, How many people that have responded to this thread have actually built the Star Destroyer? I know I have not... Jeff VW (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

It can be beat! IT WILL BE BEAT! We need 10 of our finest, fastest builders and the Germany record will be gone! Has anyone volunteered to be the coach/manager yet? Not that I want the job. I just curious to see if anyone is going to get the team (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

(...) The United States is home the the great Henry Ford, inventor of the production line. We will prevail! As long as someone organizes us. Aaron (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

BRING IT ON! ;) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  BrickFest Sumo competition

BrickFest is almost upon us. One of the highlights will be the Sumo competition on Sunday. If you are planning on taking part, then you need to know; The beacons will be infrared emitters - provided by the organizers. The detectors may be; your own (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 1000steineland building record for Star Destroyer

(...) Can I have a go? :-P Pedro (already looking for a cheap plane ride to NL) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 1000steineland building record for Star Destroyer

(...) Dirk, never mind... LEGOWorld is 3 months away and SHOULD those Americans manage to beat the time set during 1000Steineland, I'm sure 3 months of practise will then at least land the record back to Europe :D (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer? World Record

(...) Ha! Me and my fellow-builder Jan-Albert attended the Berlin 1000SteineWelt. We build the Pirates-part of the display. The 10 Destroyer builders had NO plan, NO training and only seen the thing in the showroom of Lego Direct! Nutricion was oké, (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

What! Noooo! We will have to break out with our super weapon! TOM STANGL Known as the Stanglator 3000 !!! or ST3 (URL) Made of an all new top secret alloy frame, the Stanglator 3000 will prevail! The Challange is up! Good Job on the new time! Eric (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

(...) Ditto. I wonder if there will be enough to perhaps have more than 1 team doing it? Adrian (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  1000steineland building record for Star Destroyer

Hi Jake, please keep in mind that none of the 10 persons - as far as I know - had ever build this set before. So they have not trained this! By the way the 1000steineland was the most exciting event ever happened in Europe. It was very well (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

(...) I missed this at BricksWest, so I'd be in to giving it a try.... Jeff VW (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

(...) That does sound like fun. And given that it shouldn't take much more than an hour to do, I'm sure I could pull myself away from the Mindstorms/Technic room for a bit... or maybe that's where it would be held... Steve (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer? World Record

(...) DONUTS-- The breakfast (pronounced "Brickfest";-) of Champions! (with apologizes to John Belushi) JOHN (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

As most of you remember, I'm sure, BricksWest attendees built the Imperial Star Destroyer in 1 hour 43 minutes. Quite a feat...one I rubbed in to my European counterpart, Kate Sutch. Last Saturday, July 5th, 10 German LEGO Fans took on the challenge (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  [rtlToronto] Brickfest Pipe Racers Rules Updated

Hey folks, I have updated the BrickFest Pipe Racers website: (URL) useful info from Doug Carlson about a PVC equivalent to the 5806SR. It's not a perfect match, but it should work okay. There's also an example track configuration picture (the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Woo Hoo! BrickFest is going to ROCK!

"David "Fuzzy" Gregory" <crazylegoman@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:HHqs4I.1AMB@lugnet.com... (...) butt. (...) borders, (...) I sure hope that those parts don't get "smuggled" into the K-8 Room! Troy (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact