 Events / BrickFest / *1518 (-20)
  Re: Place to crash Thursday night?

(...) It just so happens that I found a hotel on (URL) last night for $57 a night. This hotel also offers shuttle service to the claredon metro station from 9am to noon. Now if I am correct and I hope I am, that metro station is about a block from (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.dc)

  Re: Place to crash Thursday night?

(...) Dunno about Thursday night (I'm also looking for somewhere for then) but if you don't find anything else, I'm sure Bram and I will be willing to give you a piece of the floor in our room for you to crash on. I've got a room for us at the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.dc)

  Re: Call for Mecha Creations / Misc. MOCs Room

(...) Name: Kevin Clague # of Mocs/Area Needed: 8-10 MOCs, 4x5 foot area Power needed: N Description: optional (URL) caterpillar using my new asynchronous design technique. (URL) of my most aggressive bipeds ever. (URL) built out of Dark Side (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Place to crash Thursday night?

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:HHCuK0.vLx@lugnet.com... (...) hotel (...) Is (...) (or a (...) plans (...) GMU to (...) stuff (...) place if (...) you (...) I'm looking for a place to stay Thursday night as well. Well not to (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.dc)

  Any Canadians going down to BrickFest 2003?

Hey folks, Are there any other Canadians going down to BrickFest 2003? There's a contigent of eight of us from Toronto going down, but I don't see any other Canadian names. Quick, you only have like four more days to register! Calum (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Re: Call for Mecha Creations / MOCs Room

(...) ===...=== Mecha / MOC Room Room 246 Bricks Fest 2003 ===...=== Name: (URL) Eric Sophie> (URL) Biomechanical Bricks> # of Mocs/Area Needed: 3x8ft. and one floor level 4x4 area. Power needed: Y Y/N Description: Mecha / Robots optional (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Call for Mecha Creations / Misc. MOCs Room

As Brick Fest draws near, let's round up the Mecha Creations for the Mecha Room / MOC Display. I'd like to help coordinate and we have been kindly given a room just for Mecha and other MOCs. If you would like to show Mecha or MOCs at Brick Fest (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Please sign me up for presentations

(...) With the site implementation, you mean. IE doesn't make misteaks. :-) Just ask Bill! ++Lar (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Place to crash Thursday night?

All - I'm looking for a place to crash Thursday night before BrickFest. I have hotel arrangements with a roommate but that room is only reserved for Fri-Sun. Is there anyone local who can put me up for a night? A couch or a recliner (or a floor if (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.dc)

  Re: Please sign me up for presentations

On 10.31 7/1/2003 +0000, Kevin L. Clague wrote (...) Go directly to the brickfest database at www.wildlink.com/fest . The "kick back" problem is a known problem with IE... :-/ (...) --- wubwub aka stephen f roberts wildbrick.com - Jain's Guide : (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Please sign me up for presentations

Christina, I've tried several times to sign up for presentations for BrickFest. Every time I log in, it says I've succesfully logged in, and then kicks me back out to the login screen. I've prepared three presentations: LPub, LSynth and Pneumatics. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Big Layout at BF?

(...) There will always be room for more LEGO. Last year we had a few gaps and we did not even set up all the tables that are available to us. If we can't make room on a particular layout then we will find another great space to display the MOC's. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  extra Globe for sale at Brickfest

Hi all, I just thought I'd mention that I have an extra 15" globe built after this event: (URL) globe is a duplicate of my creation as detailed here: (URL) I've actually built this second globe twice, now (the first time to hand draw building (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest registration Extended! 6 days Left!

For thoes of you who are 'sitting on the fence' trying to decided to go to BrickFest or not, consider this a sign! Registration has been extended by one week! That means you should attend! Really, It does! ;) BrickFest is the priemere Lego event in (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Re: Consensus for Table Barriers at BrickFest??

(...) Good question. I had not thought about it, actually... I could see different clubs going with their preference, I suppose. (...) I would be interested in other people's thoughts on this... leaving it off makes the layouts more uniform in (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Big Layout at BF?

(...) I am. (...) There have been several clubs that have indicated participation. (...) You should work within your local club to coordinate your contribution within their overall participation, unless for some reason you are not part of a local (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Big Layout at BF?

(...) This is a very good question and one which seems to need answering soon. How is a potential attendee at BrickFest to know if he/she should show up with 32x32 studs worth of something, or 96x96 studs worth of something to contribute to the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Big Layout at BF?

Who is orchestrating the big layout at Brickfest? Is this open to all registered participants to contribute to, etc.? I saw the post a while ago to contribute, but there wasn't anything else after that (at least, I didn't think there was). I'm a (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Consensus for Table Barriers at BrickFest??

For the lobby area big train display, I am wondering what the opinions are regarding table barriers. Brickfest, to me, is an event where table barriers are not really necessary for purposes of keeping fingers off of the Lego. But the open to the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Looking for someone who can print posters for Brickfest

(...) I'm still looking for someone to help on this. Thanks Cale (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact