 Events / 988
987  |  989
Subject:
Lego Mindstorms Robotic Sumo Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:38:49 GMT

Hello all Mindstorms fans!

I have a few questions regarding Robotic Sumo (Lego Mindstorms Robotic Sumo that
is). I have gotten interested in Robotic Sumo and would like to learn a few more
things about it. I would also like to know if everyone does the same thing for
certain aspects of the game (rules, playing ground design, etc.) or if everyone
has their own way.
   First, how large is the playing ground that the Sumo-Bots participate in? I
have seen a Mini-Sumo playing ground and that one looked smaller than the RIS
test pad! What I am talking about is real Robotic Sumo (anything from fast
moving little bots to monstrous seven motor Sumo-Bots). How big would a playing
ground (arena, pad, whatever you call it) be for Mindstorms Sumo-Bots? Five feet
long? Five feet Wide? Also, how thick would the line encircling the playing
ground be? Two inches? Five? I have heard of eight inches being a good amount.
Any information would be greatly appreciated!

David Perdue
www.geocities.com/imroboguy