 Events / 989
Re: Lego Mindstorms Robotic Sumo Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 21:31:07 GMT

In lugnet.events, David Perdue wrote:
I have a few questions regarding Robotic Sumo (Lego Mindstorms Robotic Sumo that
is). I have gotten interested in Robotic Sumo and would like to learn a few more
things about it. I would also like to know if everyone does the same thing for
certain aspects of the game (rules, playing ground design, etc.) or if everyone
has their own way.

David,

To answer your question, everyone has their own way.

But here's a link to a pretty well refined set of rules.

http://www.24tooth.com/SumobotRules.html

It should answer most of your questions.

And, if you find yourself around Ann Arbor, Mi, in a couple weeks, you should
stop in at their huge sumo event.  Currently, there are almost 30 robots
entered, in two classes.

Steve