 Events / 373
Re: WEST COAST EVENT-A COMPILATION OF ANSWERS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:08:23 GMT

In lugnet.events, Matthew Gerber writes:
Mark is on the right track here, as he has been all along. Perhaps we never
should have started a public forum on this subject, and just announced a
finished event when it was arranged. Then folks would have said "Hey! That's
great that you people in the PNW or So. Cal. arranged an event similar to
Brickfest. I'll try to make it if I can!" Perhaps this discussion should
also move out of the public eye in .events and go to our regional or LUG
groups. Or to e-mail for that matter.

I think public discussion is good, up to a point, and that point may have
been reached.  It's been clearly established that there is a desire from
West Coast folks for at least one festival closer than DC.

From here, wether there's 1, or 2, or none is up to the people that step up
and put in the effort to make it happen.  Until that happens, all the
opinions in the world are just hot air.

Bottom line: There's interest, now there has to be commitment.

James
(Commitment isn't coming from here, I'm in the frozen north)