 Events / 1949
Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:11:17 GMT

In lugnet.events, Todd Thuma wrote:
this to others. I hope Joe or Christina, or any other organizer will chime in.
Or perhaps they are too put off by your low estimate of the work they have put
in for all of us.

Hi Todd,

Though I don't know whether it's appropriate that I take a hand in this
discussion, but since I'm organizing events too (1000steine-Land), I can second
your thoughts by all means. I wasn't counting hours, and I doubt I'm able to
round up the amount of time, but I guess it's enough to start with the basic
requirements:

- Discussion with co-organizers: What are requirements of a contemplable
location? ~2 hours

- researching a location which fits the needs (online): ~5 hours

- visiting the event location four times, including driving and talking to the
employee there about general things: 4x ~6h = 24 hours. At home beforehand:
Discussion with co-organizer about what we need to adress to the location's
director, 4x ~1h = 4 hours

- declaring the event to the authorities, including all the paperwork: 3 hours

- taking out the policy, incl. all the paperwork, incl. collecting everyone's
model information, incl. demanding again and again... 8 hours

- drawing up an account for the fiscal authorities: 4 hours

That's already 50 hours without organizing anything that has to do with the
event itself...

Leg Godt!
Rene