 Events / 1901
    Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?) —Jake McKee
   (...) I can understand this, but at the end of the day there are benefits in both models: 1. A for-profit has an economic incentive to continue developing positive, fulfilling events. 2. A non-profit model had a higher chance of powering through (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

        Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?) —Frank Filz
   I've been reading this dicussion, and have a few thoughts: First off, a consideration of what the event coordinator has to put in: - A fair bit of time, sure, not 1000s of hours (for one event), 1000s of hours is a full time job... Hundreds of hours (...) (18 years ago, 11-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest)

        Re: BrickFest registration fees (was: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?) —Tommy Armstrong
   (...) I was the one who came up with thousands of hours, and I actually thought about it before writing it which is a bit unusual with me. I was thinking of Christina's total input of hours for the last 5 or is it 6 years. And I would bet she has (...) (18 years ago, 12-Sep-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest)