 Events / 1100
1099  |  1101
Subject:
LEGO.com MindStorms Forums Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 04:49:24 GMT

Hello, fellow MindStormers and LEGO Builders,

Without, ah...any ado, I would like to announce the beginning of a hopefully long series of Community Projects. Run by myself and my fellow Hosts in the LEGO.com MindStorms Forums, this is a concept very much similar to the old MindStorms Hall of Fame, which was much-lamented when it was stopped (lack of a Webteam to run it). Even today we still get questions like “What happened to the Hall of Fame??” even though it stopped two years ago.

At any rate, we’ve created something very similar. The only differences are: no bona-fide LEGO employees are involved (we are only volunteers) and there are no material prizes. The judging method is also slightly different. Everything else is more or less the same.

With that in mind, on behalf of the Hosts and current members of the LEGO MindStorms Forum, I cordially invite you to join us in this Community Contest! We have a great challenge for our launching contest and we hope you’ll join us.

You do have to register to have posting access to the Forum, but IIRC all you need for that is the Membership Number off the card that came with your RCX (if you have more than one, any one of them will do). Plus you have to have a pretty unique username - I have heard some unbelieveably high numbers on how many usernames have been created. Be prepared with a third choice.

Once you join, simply navigate into the Community Folder and into the Community Contests folder. Please don’t forget to read the rules! :) If you have a suggestion for a future Contest we’re open to that as well.

Play Well,

-Mike Thorn
Host, LEGO MindStorms Forum (nickname Buachaille)
http://mindstorms.lego.com