 Education / 71
Re: I just held a Lego Show!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 19:54:44 GMT

Pitsco-Dacta has soom good (assumed good, I don't have any of these
curricula guides) class room focused materials:

Technic I Simple Machines Curriculum (W770999):  $27.50
102 page lesson plan guide, no parts
Technic I Teachers Guide (W771035): $13.25
48-page guide summarizes principles from activity card models and suggests
experiments and further activities.

They also have parts sets (one student) for specific topics: $17.25 each
Technic Gears Mini Set W779610
Technic Levers Mini Set W779612
Technic Pulleys Mini Set W779614
Technic Wheels and Axles Mini Set W779616

Go to: http://pitsco-legodacta-store.com/index.htm

The above references are under "Machines & Robots" and then "Technic Basics"
and "Technic Minisets".

I like your Rube Goldberg idea.  Could this be done in modules; say a gear
module a lever module, etc.?  When the modules are put together you have
your finished machine.  Each module could be done in a separate session, and
bring them together for a finale.

-Rob.

Carolyn Cheney <cheney.1@osu.edu> wrote in message
Has anyone tried something like this?  I'd do robotics also, except I • don't
have the pieces, and I don't think 2 hours would be enough. I don't have
pneumatics, either.