 Education / 100 (-10)
  Legos and Line Plots

Howdy, ...my mother-in-law teaches middle school math, and I have been taking her lessons and rewriting them so that they use LEGOs. The following is an example...enjoy! Richard rwright@pcsedu.com www.edventures.com Title: Making LEGO Line Plots (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Legos and Philosophy

Howdy all, ...I had an exchange of emails with a professor in Mississippi concerning teaching statistics and philosophy with Legos. I thought this might be of some interest to some of you out there. Enjoy Richard rwright@pcsedu.com (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Newsletter

Howdy, ...check out our newsletter featuring some Lego projects built by students. (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.edu)

  (canceled)

  Educational Benefits of Lego Engineering Lab

Howdy, There are many benefits to installing a Lego based engineering program in schools. I culled the following from a white paper my company has online ( (URL) ) regarding the benefits of creating a Lego engineering lab. I hope the following can (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Legos as a Function of Applied History

LEGO® products as a Function of Applied History... As a history teacher, I find it exciting that we can explore the history with Legos! In my experience at the PCS Centers, I have had students model ancient structures, ancient machines, or model the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Legos as a Function of Art

Howdy, Pat McShane the founder of PCS Edventures.COM authored a list that described various subject areas that can be taught with Lego elements. This list covered a range of topics from anthropology to zoology. One area he discussed was art. Pat (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Robot Club Held in Public Library

Howdy All, An acquaintence of mine in El Paso started a Robot Club in the Public Library. He gave me permission to post his letter to me here...I thought to share and encourage grass roots efforts like this one! ***SNIP*** Great news, the robotics (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Legos and Homeschooling

(...) <snipped text> (...) Well, I am homeschooled, but I've never really done any projects with Legos that would help in my schooling. I have always been more into the system sets rather than Technic, although I love Technic as well, it's just that (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Writing A Proposal

Howdy, ...since I am in the business of setting up "Lego engineering labs," I have become very familiar with writing proposals. ( Although the most interesting was assisting a fellow writing a proposal to get a supply of Lego elements for the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.datfest, lugnet.publish, lugnet.edu)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact