 Duplo / 734 (-10)
  Re: Why is inner rail smooth on Duplo track?

Is it to prevent the toothed drive wheels from skipping? The outer wheel turns more times than the inner as is goes around the curve. Ralph (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.trains)

  Why is inner rail smooth on Duplo track?

My son has spend his allowance on a couple of the new Thomas sets (Percy and James). James comes with one piece of curved track (along with others including a switch). I've noticed that all the Duplo track that's come with these sets has a ribbed (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Lego to revive Duplo and scrap "Lego Explore"

(...) Did you check the date on that link? Feb 2004... that's 17 months old! -Scott (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Lego to revive Duplo and scrap "Lego Explore"

This was covered in Lego's 2003 annual report. More recently, in Lego's 2004 annual report, they say that Duplo contributed to their operating profit in 2004. The item about the operating profit in 2004 is one of the positive notes in the overall (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.duplo, FTX)

  Re: Lego to revive Duplo and scrap "Lego Explore"

(...) I read a nice analysis of that move in (URL) yesterday. :) Also from the same article: Separately, Marketing can reveal that Lego has signed a partnership with Formula One World Championship-winning team Ferrari. Great, yet more Ferrari (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.duplo, FTX)

  Re: Lego to revive Duplo and scrap "Lego Explore"

(...) Yup - I was very happy with this news when it was announced over a year ago ;) Still good news :) Never did like the Explore name. Mark P Collector of DUPLO promo bricks (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.duplo)

  Lego to revive Duplo and scrap "Lego Explore"