 Duplo / 625
Re: LEGO fires CEO Plougman - concentrates on bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 20:58:14 GMT

I can't tell you how many people I have helped in the Lego aisle this past
year. People looking for Duplo size Lego were confused. These people were
buying products for children that were not their own. (Individuals not
familiar with the product lines.)

I noticed that the Lego aisles were empty at the Make and Create sections
for most of the Christmas seasons, as were the Bionicle items. There was a
severe shortage of the TOA of Light sets.

The new Designer sets are awesome. The box photography for the red
helicopter did not do the model justice.

Rose

"Arne Lykke Nielsen" <arln@wanadoo.dk> wrote in message
In lugnet.lego, Jason J. Railton wrote:
In lugnet.lego, James Stacey wrote:
working link ;)

<http://www.lego.com/eng/info/default.asp?page=pressdetail&contentid=3380>

Does this:¬
{"The future strategy of the LEGO Company will emphasise the core • products,
including a re-launch of the pre-school products."}¬ mean they'll be • calling
it {[Duplo]} again?¬ ¬
Jason Railton
In the Danish TV tonight Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen said, thet the change from • Duplo
to Explorer had been a fatal mistake, as the sales had HALVED!! So, yes, I • guess
that'll mean that they'll return to the DUPLO branding.

Arne, Copenhagen