 Duplo / 598
Re: My son's MOC: Duplo Spaceship!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 07:07:04 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Mark Neumann writes:
That's just too cool.  It's good to see that the hobby is transferring
nicely from generation to generation.  Lego good, Lego.space better!

Yes it is :) I have a one year old that is just getting the idea of how to
attach the Duplo bricks together and it is really cool to see him study and
learn how to use them - and get excited when he gets a few bricks stacked up.

So how does dad and kiddo play together?  (asking as a soon to be dad)  Ever
get nervous with him handling your brick?

Well, there are a few parts that I have stashed away that I do not want
anything to happen to them. But other than those few parts everyting is
pretty much fair game. We do play with them together for the most part,
mainly so I can keep the younger kids (I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old
also) from eating the smaller bricks. I do trust my son with them, he is a
great builder and he knows how to take care of the bricks. He is even trying
to teach my younger kids how to make creations with the Duplo bricks.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com