 Duplo / 323
Re: Unfamiliar big building pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 22:55:52 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.duplo, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Heather Patey wrote:
I put pictures on Brickshelf but it's down at the moment so I can't supply
the URL.  (They're in http://www.brickshelf/gallery/hpatey/Duplo/ when it
comes back.)

Wow, I can't see your photos yet, but you might have some of this:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/2770   (a jammin' set IMHO)

Maybe some of this?
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/2655

I think it has to be more than one set, from your description.

I had better luck with this URL:

But I don't know anything about DUPLO, I'm afraid!

    Dave!

(cool--my first post in the DUPLO group!)

Welcome to Duplo!  Thanks - if I had put the .com after "brickshelf" I'm
sure that would have worked better :-)  Anyway. I'm pretty sure it is indeed
2770, although I don't have any of the furniture or other pieces except the
TV aerial!  Too bad, the rest of it looks amazingly cool - domestic without
pervasive pinkness.  I guess the farm pieces could have come from any number
of sets - I don't remember the colour of the windmill and it's now in the
bottom of the Pit, er, Duplo crate in the playroom.  Much obliged, everyone.
Curiosity satisfied once again.

Hey - looking at the Playhouse subgroup of Duplo shows 2780, a remarkably
similar but different-coloured playhouse from 5 years later, and 2779 to
match: four walls, two roofs, a floor, and a TV aerial!  Maybe 2770 also had
a corresponding "supplemental" set, which is what I have.

(Off I go to Brickshelf to look at catalogs from 1986.)

Bingo!  2760 is exactly it.
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1986/c86nl/c86nl-08.html
Say Suz, I think there are several pictures from this catalog that are
needed in the Guide.

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey