 Duplo / 289
288  |  290
Subject:
new Pooh sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:38:37 GMT

At Walmart today in Greensboro,NC , I purchased 2 small new to me Duplo sets.
I do not usually buy Duplo, but they were packaged in clear plastic
canisters with various colored molded scenic tops.  Canisters are
approximately 6 inches tall. The lid adds another 1 1/2 inches.  All sets
have 9 pieces inside. Top and canister bottom not included in printed piece
count.

Little picture catalogue inside gives numbers of 4 canister sets, but the
numbers of sets in pictures and the number on the piglet set don't jive.

2976 on canister [2975 in booklet]  Piglet set, red chair lid

2976 in booklet, no number on canister? Tigger set, blue stump lid

2977 in booklet,  [didn't see this one at Walmart] Pooh  set purple lid,
can't determine shape f/picture

2991  in booklet  Eyore, green meadow lid

All sets include as one of their pieces a 2x2x1 yellow duplo brick with Lego
printed on it!

Included booklet/catalogue (16 pages) shows a totally new shaped figure (for
ages 2+), I don't even know what scale she is! Sets 2951 and 2955 a kitchen
scene. She wears fabric clothes and has a cabbage patch kid sort of face but
sweeter.  She has a smaller doll and a white cat.  The only studs visible in
the 2 pages are on the top of a red chest which has 1 yellow drawer and 1
green drawer, which have knobs!  4 studs are visible on the back edge [my
guess is that there are actually 6 but view is partially blocked by a stack
of plates].   I must tell you I am intrigued by this picture.  Nicely
rounded teacups, a silver, but not chrome sink.  The doll even has her own
high chair.  Girl appears full articulated.  Just noticing there are 2
different girls and 2 differnt dolls.   Can't see legs of dolls(may be part
of high chair and not have legs?)... but arms of dolls may move at shoulder.
Looks like a dollhouse type set.  No bricks shown. No building  possible
with elements shown, but if figure is true duplo scale bulk bricks could
remedy this.  Accessories may be connectable to regular Duplo or system????
hope so.

not familar enough w/Duplo to spot other new stuff, but there is probably
more...

sheree