 Duplo / * (-5)
Subject:
RIP LEGO Thomas Line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 2010 20:29:52 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I seems like only yesterday that I posted THIS.

Now the license has come to an end. I just wanted to say that it was a great run, and to Brad Justus, wherever you are, I offer a toast to your name: Salute!

JOHN

Subject:
5481 hat trick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:13:43 GMT

While parting out a 5481, I noticed that the lime green hat on the child fig (BL
calls it a 47205pb002) rotates. Is this typical for a Duplo fig ?

Subject:
A big ol' garage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:47:31 GMT

We own about 300 of the Mega-scale Mega Bloks, which my 4-year-old enjoys, particularly when they can be used to build structures for his Matchbox cars, etc.

Anyway, here’s a garage that we built and which I rendered in LDraw:

It’s larger than Matchbox-scale, of course, and it probably accomodates around 20 or 30 vehicles, but who doesn’t have that many cars in real life?

That’s a smokestack on top, by the way. A necessity for any garage IMO. As are the steps leading to the roof.

Dave!

FUT OT.Clones only

Subject:
New (2007) Thomas Duplo Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:58:01 GMT

I never saw any pics of these online, and I never got around to posting any myself, but better late than never, so here they are.

I will always have fond memories of a handful of us trainheads driving around one July night in Detroit while showing at the ILTCO national convention, trying to find these in stores (they had just been delivered to stores). We never found any, but we had a good time looking! :D

The new trains sets are Gordon (plus a coach), Salty, and Spencer.

For those who are counting, that makes 10 LEGO Thomas train characters:
  1. Thomas
  2. Percy
  3. James
  4. Toby (discontinued?)
  5. Harold
  6. Cranky
  7. Troublesome truck
  8. Salty
  9. Gordon
  10. Spencer
Peep, peep!

JOHN

Re: Duplo set 514
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 21:58:46 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Jack Hawk wrote:
   In lugnet.duplo, Linda Knorpel wrote:
   Hi

I have just found the box for Duplo 514 circa 1972, but I can’t work out what bits go in it. (The set is my husbands and he can’t remember).

The pieces I have found do not fit well in the packaging and there is plenty of room for more.

Does anyone have a list of what pieces should be in this kit?

Many thanks

Linda

Here’s what I’ve been able to piece together from the 1972 catalog:

Duplo Brick 2 x 6 x 2 with Curved Center
2 red
2 yellow
1 blue

Duplo Brick 2 x 4
2 red
2 yellow
3 blue

Brick 2 x 2
1 red
2 yellow
3 blue

The set entry on Peeron entry shows a piece count of 17, but looking at the model on the box and in the pieces in the window, I say there are at least 18 pieces; the plastic window clearly shows a second, yellow 2 x 6 x 2 with Curved Center. I’m curious if there is an actual part number on the bottom of those curved pieces. Any chance you could take a flashlight an look?

If you do get an proper inventory, please post here it or submit it to Peeron so everybody can benefit.

--Jack AFOL, St. Louis

Thanks Jack

There are indeed 2 yellow 2 x 6 x 2 with Curved Centre pieces. I have looked carefully at the base of the pieces and each has Pat pending, and has either nothing else, or a different number i.e. one of the yellows has 03 3 and the other has 03 1. I can give you all the others if you want.

I think that there are at least 18 pieces, but there is a second box of pieces at the rear of the outer box which is for the 2 x 4s and the 2 x 2s and there’s so much more room for other pieces I am sure (unless there was a lot of packaging), that there should be at least another 10 pieces.

Thanks for helping

Regards

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact