 Dear LEGO / 837 (-10)
  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) And how about doors and windows in something other than red? I mean, red is fine, but variety is good. (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) Having grown up in that era (and as a kid who had shooting versions of the Battlestar Galactica toys and who remembers the media hullaballoo about that), I am still always amazed to see the number of shooting toys on the market that shoot (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) I know, but... Acutally, it has nothing to do with American children, and everything to do with American lawyers, and lawsuit paranoia. See: (URL) version: someone's kid choked on a shooting toy, someone sued and won, shooting toys banned for (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

Jasper- I understand your frustration due to someone else's ignorance, however, please be advised that you are violating the conditional use of the LUGNET service due to the use of vulgar language (if I am incorrect, please inform me): Please refer (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) less (...) Well, there's got to be SOME differences between European kids and American kids. After all, European children get firing cannons in their sets, and American children don't. This is probably due to cultural differences that give (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) You really have no clue at all, do you? Do you really think there is one _whit_ of difference between European and American children? Sheesh. Bloody luser. Jasper (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) for (...) as (...) Houses and other buildings -- this is something that the bucket sets could address. The first LEGO set I owned was a universal building set that had enough roof elements, windows, and doors to make houses, and, as a (boy) (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Schools, houses, libraries, ... all would sell well among boys as well as girls. As it is, there is nothing to *build* in Legoville, just a lot of homeless mini-figs living in their cars. -Laura, who got into LEGO as a girl, and built houses (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) Ooh. I love the FX-Star Patroller. Naji and James, you might enjoy reading an extended ramble I wrote that mentions #6931, among other wonderful sets of that era (particularly the Gamma-V Laser craft). (URL) "Float on a river, forever and (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) James, there was a long thread about this part of your letter when you posted it originally, because you had MISUNDERSTOOD the statement on which you based it and it has no basis in fact. While you were editing your letter you might have fixed (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact