 Dear LEGO / 831
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:14:07 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Laura Gjovaag writes:
On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Matthew Miller wrote:

Rachel Kingston <Kingston@spirit.com.au> wrote:
Please don't think domesticity, and houses for girls vs murder and mayhem • for
boys,  supplement the historical sets with fun educational resources such • as

You're right; I didn't mean to say that. Note my distain for the Scala line.
I'd like to see the better non-conflict oriented sets for boys AND girls.

Schools, houses, libraries, ... all would sell well among boys as well as
girls.  As it is, there is nothing to *build* in Legoville, just a lot of
homeless mini-figs living in their cars.

-Laura, who got into LEGO as a girl, and built houses to compliment her
brothers' various vehicles.

Houses and other buildings -- this is something that the bucket sets
could address.

The first LEGO set I owned was a universal building set that had enough
roof elements, windows, and doors to make houses, and, as a (boy) child,
I had a lot of fun doing that.

The buckets nowadays serve as a replacement for the universal building
sets, and if you buy enough of them, you do get enough roof elements
to do the same thing, but they seem to have an emphasis on building
"zany" time-cruiser-looking things.  A simple house-oriented bucket,
with bricks primarily in one color, and enouth roof pieces to cover the
house, so you could build a nice little structure using that bucket
alone, would be wonderful.  LEGO could still throw in propellers and
wings and wheels and the other assorted things that make the
freestyle sets "zany."

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"