 Dear LEGO / 82
    Trains —Matthew Bates
   Dear Lego, Please stop making such ugly and unrealistic train sets. I know that you are trying to increase the playability of these sets but I don't see why realism has to suffer. 4561 is the worst example, it could have been so much better. Things (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Trains —Alan Shutko
     (...) I don't think that's it. I think it's more that they want more "futuristic" looking trains. I really can't see that 4559, with some 800 pieces, has been juniorized. It just doesn't look like a real train. (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Trains —Matthew Bates
     (...) You're right in that they probably won't simplify the building of them in the same way as the Town Jr sets but that's only because the train sets are inherently 8+ sets because they require the use of the AC adapter. I meant more that the (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Trains —Larry Pieniazek
     Dear Lego, Please pay attention to Matt Bates. His site has probably generated you 100,000 USD worth of Train sales because of heightened awareness of the line and what is possible, so you owe him. My 9 year old designs better trains than some of (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Trains —David Simmons
   I must agree with Matt, and I'm not even a trainhead. 4561 looks like a futuristic pipe dream, not a realistic funcitioning train. What's with all the glass? That just looks dumb. Where the damn engine? Dave Matthew Bates wrote in message ... (...) (...) (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Profanity (was Re: Trains) —Duane Hess
   (...) I am not intending to start another morality flame here, but is the profanity really necessary? I think TLG would be more inclined to listen if you simply asked, "Where's the engine?" rather than "Where's the @%*$ engine?" If you are truly (...) (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Profanity (was Re: Trains) —Steve Anderson
   I'd hardly call that a profanity... nor 'hell', but that tends to get picked on a lot on American TV shows too. But we're rapidly heading off-topic here - the problem is that Lego trains resemble no kind of (mother-flippin') train that is currently (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)