 Dear LEGO / 71
70  |  72
Subject:
An observation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:33:05 GMT

Dear Lego (not that I expect you to read this):

I live in a city. I work in an office. I have a house. It's built from
bricks. I look out of my window and can see several cars, all of which have
doors, rooves and wheels about as high as my knee. I can also see a
motorbike, a few trees and streetlights.

In Lego System City, I'd have to work in a marina or a police station, or
possibly a garage. I wouldn't have a house, and if I did it would be built
from pre-fabricated panels and big ugly windows, and wouldn't be big enough
to hold any possesions. My car wouldn't have doors or a roof, and the wheels
would come up to my chest - or I could ride around on a motortrike with
enormous wheels. There'd be the odd spikey plant and palm tree, and not much
more.

Of course, there's always the possibility I could work at the local space
research centre. But not at an office. Oh yeah, I'd have to wear sunglasses
24/7.

Do you see my point, Lego?

Steve