 Dear LEGO / 5531
    Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time. —John Neal
   (...) Or, as I mentioned earlier, just include multiple wigs. It's cheaper, and skirts the gender issue completely. (sorry)(but not really) JOHN (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

        Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time. —Dave Schuler
   (...) That's not a bad workaround, as long as the printing on the faces remains gender-neutral. One need look no further than the Adventurers theme to see the problem there. But now that you mention it, that problem could be headed off (!) by (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

        Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time. —Ted Godwin
     (...) I bought a Doctor's Car (7902) for a friend's daughter's birthday and took along a female hair piece which I gave to her along with the set. Voila! Instant female. Would that really have negatively affected TLC's bottom line to include that (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

        Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time. —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) I don't know how I feel about including a decapitated woman's head in every LEGO set. Doesn't seem to send the right message about gender equality. -Lenny (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

        Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time. —Dave Schuler
   (...) LOL! You reveal your own ABS sexism by assuming that the woman would have to be decapitated! Why not yank off the man's head instead? Or why not include a headless body with the pair of heads alongside? Dave! (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)