 Dear LEGO / 5489
5488  |  5490
Subject:
New Electrical Connectors ( LEGO --> Please, please read )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 01:12:22 GMT

Dear LEGO,

Like many others I am very happy to see you create this new electrical
system, specifically the IR Receivers which allow for remote control of up
to eight different motors.  And speaking of motors, it is great to see that
you are introducing two different sizes of motors.  Good job!

Now, I do want to take a moment and complain (just a little).  This new
electrical system is now the FOURTH type in the LEGO SYSTEM.  I imagine many
others agree with me that it would have been nice if all four electrical
systems (connectors) were compatible.  Personally I enjoyed the original
4.5V/12V connectors the best.  I hope this new electrical system (connector)
is to be the last and final design.  From the images I have seen on the
internet, it appears that there is room for additional contacts (more than
four) if the need arises in the future.

I know I am not alone in this request, but I like many others have always
hoped for Pneumatic Solenoids.  It would be great if this new electrical
system could also incorporate a Pneumatic Solenoid to allow for electrical
control of Pneumatic Cylinders.  If you didn't design a Pneumatic Solenoid
perhaps you could introduce a Linear Actuator that would be very compact yet
robust enough to allow easy control of Pneumatic Switches, Train Switches
and even Technic gearboxes and such.  One last request would be a second
version of  your new IR Remote Controller, one that has two channels and
four toggle switches.  This would be more appropriate for controlling things
where you'd like to have simultaneous input for more than two motors at
once.

So once again, I would like to say good job!  And to cap off, this is what I
would like to see:

    * Pneumatic Solenoids
    * Linear Actuators
    * A four toggle, two channel Remote Control
    * Connector Converters (for using older motors and such)
    * longer Pneumatic Cylinders (I had to sneak this one in here)

I wish you the Best of Luck in 2007!

Sincerely,
Dan Berladyn