 Dear LEGO / 5374
Re: Some things I'd like for 2006
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:15:36 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, danny staple <orionrobots@gmail.com> wrote:

Difficult one this, one of Lego's great claims is that they dont
produce overtly violent sets. But capturing some of the magnificence
of these as sets, like the Tomcat, the Apache Helicoptor or a
challenger tank would be quite a good move. Maybe they could be
altered just enough to maintain the position, by not actually placing
weapons on them. Not an easy proposition. Maybe one way to get some
interesting licensing, and technically excellent and magnificent sets
is to go for a Thunderbirds license, and design very functional
versions of their signature vehicals. Even mini-set pods are doable
under this as Thunderbird 2 pods. In fact, the set of these crazy
puppet shows with lots of interesting tech, is ripe for turning into a
large range of licensed sets.

I am intrigued by the new direction of the Exo-force sets, and I am
hoping for some large system/technic collaborations to produce really
functional and good looking mechs.

Ooh, Thunderbirds. What a great idea. With minfig Thunderbird characters of
course.

The Exo-force sets caught me by surprise in the local TRU. The staff had put
the sets on different shelving from the rest of the Lego stock. The boxes are
so different, I didn't even recognise them at first.

JB