 Dear LEGO / 5367 (-5)
  Re: What I think should happen to Mindstorms.

(...) ... (...) ... (...) A "what I want in Mindstorms 3.0" thread comes up about every six months. It's about time for another one, but I'm glad to see it has a different twist. Are you suggesting they put the RCX & other electronics in a new box (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.dear-lego)

  What I think should happen to Mindstorms.

I think they should NOT make a new RCX. They should take the existing RCX brick. And the existing IR tower. And the existing electrical bits (sensors and motors). New sensors would be nice but would have a high initial R&D/setup-for-manufacturing (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Mindstorms on Slashdot

While I personally love to see that, I just dont see them putting their neck out on that one. As stated before, we (AFOLs and advanced users) are barely a blip on the register of the bean counters, and it is to them that any business development (...) (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: I want LEGOLD

They have definately made bricks and figs in silver before. I have seen them in LEGO brand shops (on chains as jewellery) A friend has a silver modulex brick on a chain too :) not sure if they have ever done the same in gold (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Reading the attitudes of non-AFOLs

Dear LEGO, The recent Canadian Supreme Court decision regarding trademark protection from clone brands has spurred interesting discussions in non-AFOL circles. This is the type of market research that many companies pay big money to get, and even (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact