 Dear LEGO / 5336
Re: Hurricane Katrina Relief Suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 05:22:32 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   Dear LEGO,

Like many others, I can’t seem to tear away from CNN lately, watching the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. One of the images I just saw was of hundreds of people standing in line, many of them children, with the narrator describing how tired, cranky, and bored the kids were. Most of them have nothing to cheer them up or keep them busy, and the prospects for the future are not wonderful. One little boy (maybe 5 years old) had a toy orca, but that was the extent of the toys I saw.

I don’t know if this is something that would be logistically possible or even welcome, but I can’t help but think that a truckload or two of LEGO sets dropped off at the Houston Astrodome would go a long ways towards keeping thousands of kids occupied, and it might help boost morale during a very desperate time in many peoples’ lives.

Sincerely, Kelly McKiernan Parent and LEGO Ambassador

That’s a nice idea, but I can’t help thinking about the impact of thousands of bricks on bare feet, and the sound of thousands of bricks on a concrete floor - you might end up with some cranky adults. If TLG wants to do something besides donating money to the Red Cross, how about a few pallets of books?

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations