 Dear LEGO / 4857 (-20)
  just a silly question re: LEGO & AFOLS

Dear LEGO: Is there anything you learned about the AFOL market in the last few years that really surprised you, really 'knocked your socks off'? JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: A Non-Griping Letter With Gasp! Praise for Lego!

(...) Hi Marlon, For the greatest part, you are right of course. For me, sets are only a bunch of useful (or useless) parts. So, it doesn’t matter in which form LEGO put it in a box. And I can take it or leave it. Their only mistake was the change (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: wishin' on a star

(...) Well, a lot of the pieces you showed would make sense to complete the Lego system. BUT we are talking of TLC, so waiting for a solution that would make sense is most propably a waste of time. Unless of course they would need one of the bricks (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: A Non-Griping Letter With Gasp! Praise for Lego!

(...) Thanx to everyone who replied! I'm glad to hear from those on both sides of the fence... After making my post I started thinking more about what Lugnet is for, and voicing likes and dislikes is amongst them... so I hope I didn't rub anyone the (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

(...) What you have to look at is the age ranges. Harry Potter, which is similar to older castle in complexity and use of parts, is 8+,7+,8+. Knights Kingdom is 5+,6+,7+. Its one step up from Jack Stone. If you want to compare the old castle stuff (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A Non-Griping Letter With Gasp! Praise for Lego!

Wow, that's some pretty good stuff... And I can agree with you about most of it, but, liking JarJar? Are you insane? Mark (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: wishin' on a star

(...) SNIP (...) SNIP (...) my wishes: (URL) & mirrored & other mixed slopes (URL) 1x2 technic liftarm-snot yay! (URL) snot yay! thanks! Jeff (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  Re: A Non-Griping Letter With Gasp! Praise for Lego!

(...) Well, as the one who initiated the whole </dear-lego/?n=4810 Knights Kingdom rant> I feel the need to defend myself lest I be labeled part of the problem rather than the solution. I've written my fair share of </dear-lego/?n=4295 shining (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: A Non-Griping Letter With Gasp! Praise for Lego!

(...) Agreed. I'd like to mention: a) 4496 Tub. Same price, more actual brick material. Less 1x1 and 1x2's over the 4107. b) 10152 Maersk Ship. Amazing set, great pieces. c) The entire 2003 line. Calum (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Knights’ Kingdom™ is ugly.

I'm somewhat of a lurker, but I saw this as a message I just couldn't ignore. I'll agree with Felix that the new sets, especially the Grand Tournament one, just don't live up to the old castle standards. I recall being disappointed with the first (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  A Non-Griping Letter With Gasp! Praise for Lego!

I visit Lugnet every day to see what people are saying about my favorite hobby, and it seems to me that just about every other post is a gripe about Lego... whether it be about the new colours or the new sets... Well, I thought maybe for once a (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego) !!

  Re: wishin' on a star

You know this 1x2 brick hinge... (URL) I have wished for years that it was also made in a 1x1 style. Could you folks who design the parts consider it? Thank you. Eric Sophie (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: wishin' on a star

(...) Lots of excellent choices. I've got a bit of a wish list two. a) 1x3, 2xn tiles. Basically, tiles in the same size range as we already have in plates b) 2xn plates with a single row of studs (similar to the 2x1 with one stud) c) ball & socket (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  Re: wishin' on a star

(...) Well, if they made it in an 18 slope even though there's only one other basic compatible piece (I know there's also a triple-wedge, but...), there's always a chance that they might make it in 33 and 45 degree versions someday. (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  Re: wishin' on a star

In lugnet.dear-lego, Deborah Higdon wrote: Deborah, (...) I like your ideas. I would love to see wish #9 come to be real. My own wish is for a piece like this: (URL) very fancy, but it might be nice to have. :) Best regards, Allan B. (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: wishin' on a star

(...) Ahhh, yes. You are correct. Bummer. That would be awesome in 33 degree. -Duane (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  Re: wishin' on a star

(...) Close, but not quite. I just got the Summer S@H catalog today, and the black faceted slopes used on that mech's waist are 18 degree slopes, but #22a has the proportions of a 33 degree slope. (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  Re: wishin' on a star

(...) i checked it out and the set hasn't been inventoried yet, but i do see a piece that could be it! can anyone verify? if it is what i'm wishin' for, thanks for finding it, you saved lego a pile of money! deborah (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  Re: wishin' on a star

(...) Looks like #22a has already been granted. (see (URL)) -Duane (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  Re: wishin' on a star

(...) Those are some awesome parts all right. Many of us wish for some of the corner slope stuff you generated. Nice LDraw modeling (or however you did it... how DID you do it?)! One question, I dind't quite follow (URL) 17> though. Can you talk a (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact