 Dear LEGO / 4712 (-20)
  Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down

In lugnet.dear-lego, Anthony Sava wrote: Anthony, Coming from another industry driven by fan interest and marketing to children (video games), I can agree with a lot of what you say. TLC has made some very, very bad choices over the past couple of (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: From the mouth of babes and just what is going on!?

(...) It was more than a little too far, that being said what dose the rest of this statment have to do with anything. As production technology, techniques, cost efectivness, etc. etc. have improved the train line has improved. As a train enthusiast (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) Hey, Tom, could you post some pics? James Wilson Dallas, TX (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down

In lugnet.dear-lego, Anthony Sava wrote: lots of good points and rambling snipped (...) I agree with most of your post, but I must take issue with this. I'm 40, and I got my first LEGO as a gift in 1969 or 1970 (that's the only one I still have the (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down

(...) I agree with most of the replys. As a 42 year old AFOL, I see what some of the kids are looking at. They see these hugh sets made by other companies like Mega___--, it hurts to even type the name. Lego needs to make more sets to compete with (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down

(...) More than five decades as a successful company. Um, make that a successful company with global name recognition, fan clubs & conventions, etc. (...) Hmmm... that, I thought, was a point in LEGOs favor. (...) OK, fair enough. But keep in mind (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: From the mouth of babes

(...) I have no doubt this story is true bucause it is the same reaction I've heard from other pre-teen-FOL's at NILTC shows. Ken (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down

(...) They were "following the trends in the children's toy market". Look at Pokemon, Power Rangers, and the like. Enormous success stories with incredible revenue from toys over the years. The stinking Pokemon toy market won't die! My kids bought (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down

Anthony Sava wrote: > Please, learn from the past LEGO. A they say, those who fail to learn from the > past are doomed to repeat it. I'd rather not repeat parts of the last ten > years. Thank you, Anthony, I could not have said it better than your (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down

Very well put, I couldn't agree more. Another analogy of the whole situation is that Lego is like a blindfolded kid desperately swinging at the pineata with no luck at all. --member 1893 (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down

In lugnet.dear-lego, Anthony Sava wrote: -snip- Well done Anthony, I have to agree what you posted. -Abner (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  The Bar Does Not Go Down

I just know I'm going to get flamed for this. I'm putting on my flame suit early. What follows are my opinions. Take them as you wish. I don't plan on doing much with this thread, so don't expect too many replies from me. It seems to me, for some (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego) !!

  Re: From the mouth of babes and just what is going on!?

(...) Ok, I did go a little too far with that comment, I admit that, my mistake. Everything else however, I am standing by it. Perhaps another spin on it: How many times since Lego first introduced train sets have they changed the track size and (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: From the mouth of babes and just what is going on!?

(...) [snip] (...) Whoa whoa whoa! Not cool. This is a legit report from a consumer that is appropriate for LEGO to hear. My own children don't care about the color change, nor do I think they've even noticed it, but that doesn't mean others (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: From the mouth of babes and just what is going on!?

(...) That is an incorrect assesment of the situation. And uncalled for as well. (...) Yes, it is. Perhaps you should direct your comments to where that is actually happening though. Mel was simply providing an anecdote about how the product was (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: From the mouth of babes and just what is going on!?

(...) Personally, your daughter comes across as being extremely stuck up and nearly teetering on spoiled. The thing that is getting lost in this the most is the fact that Lego, as awesome as it is, is a toy. Everyone who is a member of Lugnet has a (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: From the mouth of babes

(...) Very noteworthy Mel, My children and I don't talk the meat and potatoes of collecting or toys in general either. This topic is something that I generally don't enter into with them, or recall ever having brought up around them. Interestingly, (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) New sets are more likely to have piece inconsistencies than sets that have been in production for a while, as any errors that are made in piece sorting early on would be fixed as they are discovered. My first two copies of the TECHNIC R2-D2 (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

(...) You aren't the only one to have the extra Harry legs. I was surprised at that, as all of the other extra pieces I've ever gotten are the small plates. As far as the color control on this, I either got lucky or just managed to put it together (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: From the mouth of babes

(...) Oh wow... If only you could have gotten that on video tape. My my my... Ray (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact