 Dear LEGO / 4692 (-20)
  Re: From the mouth of babes

(...) (snip) Yes, actually, you did. Many times, in fact. I've set the FUT to the new lugnet.color group which is, by its charter, more on target for where you want to take the topic. Please consider preserving the FUT. (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.color)

  Re: From the mouth of babes

(...) She can always write them a letter. It's a good exercise for someone young to write a letter to a company. Besides, letters are generally given more weight than e-mails and web postings. Jeff (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: From the mouth of babes

Sadly, I think the LEGO Group is ignoring our pleas completely, hiding behind a "test group" result that makes no sense to justify this STUPID move. Did I ever say ther color change and people who did it were STUPID? STUPID!STUPID!STUPID...STUPID!STU (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: From the mouth of babes

(...) Doesn't matter what she said. I don't think Lego includes girls in their target audience for building sets anymore. They've got the dolls for them. You bought the wrong set. (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

Perhaps I am paranoid, but after looking over my shoulder onthe purple/s bus problem, I have made one conclusion. LEGO is using this set as a way to smoke screen people into believing that the grey/brown color issue is not really happening at all, (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4755 - Knight Bus Colours

Wow. I got my first 4755 at the BOGO50 TRU sale today, and it's worse than I thought. I could MAYBE excuse having 3 different shades spanning specific pieces. i.e., all 1x2s are one shade, all 1x4s another, etc. But no, I stacked the 1x2s, and got 3 (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: From the mouth of babes

(...) Only if it *happens* over and over and.... ROSCO (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: From the mouth of babes

(...) Having met Mel's daughter, I can honestly say this does sound exactly like something she would say! :) Out of the mouths of babes and all that... Troy (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: From the mouth of babes

(...) Now THIS is the kind of story Lego™ NEEDS to see......over and and over and......... Mark (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  From the mouth of babes

Dear Lego, Last week I gave my 12 year old daughter 2 of the new Harry Potter sets. She was not aware of the gray changes, it just hadn't come up. What follows is an account of her exact words. Happy to get the new sets, she dumped them out on the (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego) !!

  Re: Reasons for the color change

(...) I think the color change was made because TLC tries to cut production costs. Probably they now use recycled plastic to produce the bricks. They just didn't manage to reach the same color again within a reasonable effort. Grey is the most (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Universal Colors - how about NO MORE CHANGES ?!?

Hi all, especially Jake, Jake, first let me say thanks for all the hard work you've put into communicating between AFOLs and TLC. And I'm sorry some of the folks here have treated you so rudely. Now, I have a suggestion about this "universal color" (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Dear LEGO...

Have to agree with getting more Pick a brick stores, you have one in Windsor, down in the south of england, there should be one up north, say Manchester, so i can get the bits i need without resorting to bricklink :D (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Dear LEGO...

(cross-posting to Dear-LEGO) Jake, ...or whichever other LEGO representative that might be reading this... Why has Canada been left out of all these LEGO store openings?!?! Not to ignore other countries, but Canada actually had a LEGO S@H until a (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: World City Fire idea

Neat Ideas... I thought the (URL) was a bit weak on its own. It was a nice set, but didn't have any companions sets, really to increase the fun. I thought the (URL) station itself had some good concepts, but still had some negative attributes (like (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: World City Fire idea

<cough>PROPER rolling garage doors<cough> (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) Visual FAQ Home (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: World City Fire idea

(...) I think this is a great idea! The airport-style trucks are well worth exploring as inspiration for sets. (...) Interesting idea. Might make for a nice play set, but with the possibility of some realism too. All the best, Allan B. (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: World City Fire idea

How about an Airport Firestation? You could have the airport firetrucks, training area (old aircraft the set fire to) etc. This could nicely tie the theme in to a future new airport range. Richard. "Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: World City Fire idea

(...) I like the way the Police sets were done. You got a SUV (and a nifty "armored car") with the building. I thought the building itself was a bit simplistic, but had great parts. I really enjoyed seeing Classic 1920's era version of Fire Halls (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: World City Fire idea

(...) I'd imagine they'd try to keep in line with the current look of the World City sets (Police, Train Etc.) I'd like to see the return of dark gray ladders (new dark grey is fine with me) and red or silver wheel hubs. The return of the black fire (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact