 Dear LEGO / 4412 (-20)
  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Further more, the studs are rounded, making (...) Yes, working on a machine shop floor it looks as the NEWER 2004 plate/s is of a different mold note the chamfered edges of the stud the reason for this and I must say firstly that I Have very (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Dunno, but does have me wondering how this change plays vis-a-vis the light and dark gray elements in the 4400 tubs that just hit the street. There are 50-ish lt-gray 2x2 bricks per tub. Is Lego dumping old-color parts ? Will these continue as (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Yeah, this is bad juju. Nobody wants grey elements that don't match with light and dark grey as we have known them. I don't necessarily mind additions to the color scheme as we know it, but to eliminate the greys is just madness. I don't even (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Sorry, Josh, but it's not. The discoloring effect does happen in odd environments, but not like this. I noticed the "bluing" in the dark grey when I bought the Star Destroyer the other day; I initially wondered if it was the light, but yester- (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

Looks like The Lego Group is finally cutting corners (literally) in order to compete with cheap clone brands. Is this the end of good-quality Lego?, or is this merely a bad batch of product? -HRH (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) I disagree. I took a look at my Mini Star Destroyer and noticed the blue tinge to the dark grey, but initially thought it was the light of the room. But the color is quiet different, and I can pretty much say that I don't smoke, and neither (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

Josh..in my house NO ONE SMOKES and I have noticed some 6 months ago that when you put alot of dark gray tiles together they do not match( I used a large number on that pepsi building roof edge and a ton on that road in my flatiron block) This is (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Okay.... what happened? Did Lego hire fired workers from clone brands like MegaBloks, Best Lock? This is really sad..... I think each of us should start making emails and letters expressing our concerns as loyal Lego customers. (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) As I replied ON BL, i still think this is attributed to either light or air quality. The old peices have what i consider "Smokers tinge", my peices from my youth have simlar discoloring, and my father smokes... I think its the tar in the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) (re-posting from BL) Hmm... The prophecy is coming true.... I was wondering when this would be made public and if it would be made public. !!start warning!! I do not know the full story behind the pictures (like what sets they came from, etc) (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

Hi all, This is from a friend of mine, Gareth Bowler: Got into my first 2004 sets today; the MINI star destroyer set, and promptly scrapped them for parts, only to find, to my shock and dismay, that the colors don't match. Further more, the studs (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX) !!

  Re: HELP!!!

(...) Only here can you read lines like that and figure they are perfectly normal :) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: HELP!!!

(...) <snip> </snip> (...) A good, if not great, if not THE greatest age ... until next year ;) Happy birthday! (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  HELP!!!

I have posted numerous messages in this group, usually complaining about the Lego sets. I need to post a message on a different note. I recently celebrated my 41st birthday. I went through the new Lego catalog to make out my list. For the first (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: creator line

Yes, Scott this certainly sounds great! It would be interesting to know what criteria is used when coming up with the various Creator buckets. Seems to me that a series of buckets/tubs devoted to various themes would be very well received. They seem (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: creator line

(...) Hm...Lt Gray, Dark Gray, Black, White, Blue and trans yellow bricks/plates/slopes (or trans red and blue since it's being made already?) Put the thing in a black creator bucket.... Scott (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego)

  creator line

It would be cool for lego to put out a creator style space set; This could accomplish 5 things: 1) as a creator series set(s) it wouldn't necessarily directly compete with the current Star Wars line (they did Mars sets-why not?) 2) it would be a (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Why are Shop@Home orders for #4400 being cancelled?

I placed an order last Friday, today I see it's been "Cancelled", with no notification from Shop at Home... I placed an order through your web site, you accepted the order, you sent me a confirmation email. And now you cancel it? What's going on, (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Mindstorms 3.0 Wish List

I'm giving a presentation about Mindstorms on Wednesday. I have a slide near the end that talks about all the stuff I know people want to see added. Here's what I have so far: RCX === RC communication (but keep the IR port, too) more I/O ports (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  4404 (Designer Land Busters)

Hi all, I'd just like to say that I am most impressed with the above set- considering its price point here, I am _very_ positively impressed. I paid ~79 CDN + taxes, and consider this to be a very good deal for the parts count, especially (...) (21 years ago, 2-Nov-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact