 Dear LEGO / 4145
  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

Steve Tanner <bounga1@REMOVECAPSyahoo.com> wrote in message news:H78D4H.B1E@lugnet.com... (...) because (...) However, (...) I (...) this? (...) I agree!! I ordered this "NEW" calendar from Lego and my 6 year old has been very disappointed that (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

(...) Whew, that makes me glad I *did* give my kids a Playmobil calendar last year, even though I was swearing to myself at the time about all the boxes you have to assemble-- this year the creator calendar is new to them. Plus I appreciate the "no (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

Did the advent calendars come with building instructions for the individual models? We dragged out ours from 1999 for our son (now 3). I can't find any instructions for it though, but I'm not entirely sure there ever were any. We kept all the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

(...) I wrote LEGO to complain, and they actually refunded my money for the calendar. I didn't expect that... impressive. (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

Steve Tanner <bounga1@REMOVECAPSyahoo.com> wrote in message news:H7CnyL.K9y@lugnet.com... (...) been (...) Did you email or snail mail them. Usually they require you to ship the set back (at your cost). Rose (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

(...) E-mailed using the form on the LEGO.com. They told me to keep the set as well. (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

I had a thought today on my drive home: While I agree that it is dissappointing that Lego made the two calendars identical, I wonder just how many possible, reasonably recognizable models can be built with fewer tan 12 pieces? I suppose this would (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

(...) There are no separate building instructions in the individual bags so it sounds like you have everything. Maggie (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

(...) Then perhaps it's time to change the design of the calendar. What about one small model on the first day (sticking with today's type of designs) but then the pieces on the 2nd day are additional elements that are specific to day 1, making a (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

(...) Now THAT is a great idea! I hadn't thought of it beyond 24 individual models, but a cumulative method has tremendous potential. They could, in fact, model a small town (and maybe include a baseplate shrinkwrapped to the back of the calendar). (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

(...) Ya! I think the current design thinking may need to be turned around/inside out a bit... several offerings of late feature weird agglomerated models (think about the McDonalds promo packs of a few years back)... individual models are cool, but (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)